Best travel destinations 2016 Ranking Lonely Planet
The best countries, cities and regions to visit in 2016. Among them is Poland! Top 10 countries: Botswana, Japan, USA, Palau, Latvia, Australia, Poland, Uruguay, Greenland and Fiji. What does Lonely Planet recommend to see in Poland?
- Białowieża Forest, because: “Unesco-listed Bialowieża is the last remaining expanse of the vast forest that once spread across the European plain. The forest is home to around 900 bison (…). The forest is also prowled by elk, wolves and lynx”. The author of the ranking writes also about Poland’s legendary bisongrass vodka, Żubrówka.
- Kraków and Wieliczka Salt Mine;
- Wrocław – European Capital of Culture 2016;
- Łódź – “19th-century mansions and cafe-strewn Piotrkowska Street, is abuzz with redevelopment”;
- Szczecin – Old Town and the golf courses in Binowo Park;
In the ranking are only two European countries: Poland and Latvia. Visiting these two countries can be joined. Tour can begin in Kraków and end in Riga. On the way is the north-eastern Poland: Tykocin, Białystok, Tatar Trail and Supraśl, Augustów, Suwałki and Białowieża of course. Tour programs can be found here: Tours.
More info on the Lonely Planet website.
Some photos from Białowieża:
Leave a Reply